- The Living Lab
UWS Telehealth PhD Scholarship
The Telehealth Research and Innovation Laboratory (THRIL) at UWS conducts research on a range of innovative topics in Telehealth and eHealth, and provides an instrumental experimental space for investigating the use of new ICT-based technologies in a controlled setting. THRIL is seeking highly motivated applicants to undertake PhD studies in one of its major areas of Telehealth research:
- Smart Home for Health
- Human-Computer Interaction for Healthcare
- Mobile and Web based Health Applications
- Medical Imaging and Digital Image Understanding
- Bachelor Honours degree Class 1 or Masters by Research (i.e. by major thesis) or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Background in a relevant field such as computing, engineering, health sciences, medicine or nursing
- Demonstrated skills in computer systems usage, quantitative and qualitative methods, and software development
- Demonstrated strong scientific writing and analytical skills and good verbal communication ability
What does the scholarship provide?
- Tax-free stipend of $40,000 per annum and a funded place in the doctoral degree
- The scholarship is available to domestic applicants only
How to apply
1. Interested applicants are advised to prepare a 1-2 page draft project proposal for consideration/feedback prior to lodging their application. The proposal should be in the area of telehealth identifying the main research questions to be investigated, with relevant literature review and methodology described. Enquiries and proposals should be emailed to Prof. Anthony Maeder: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Prepare a final 4-6 page project proposal to be submitted with the application.
3. Submit the application form, applicant CV and the final project proposal before the closing date. The application form can be downloaded from the web: www.uws.edu.au/research/scholarships
Need more information?
- Find out more about the research being undertaken in the Telehealth Research and Innovation Laboratory (THRIL) here.
- Contact hte Research Scholarships Development Officer to discuss enrolment and scholarships: Ms Tracy Mills HDRscholarships@uws.edu.au; +61 2 4736 0966
Applications close 30 September 2014